Much of our jewelry is made-to-order, and will ship four to six weeks after your order is placed. Some pieces are stocked and available for shipment. The chart below is for general reference, please consult individual item descriptions for the lead time for each piece.
If you have questions about in-stock items or rush orders, please contact us.
|Product Type||Lead Time||Is Rush Service Available|
|In Stock Items||1 week + shipping||Yes - on some items|
|Collection Items, including Wedding Bands & Engagement Rings||4 - 6 weeks + shipping
Select bands with stones: 6 - 8 weeks + shipping
|Yes - on some items, but not sooner that 3 weeks|
|Enameled Rings||6 - 8 weeks + shipping||No – contact us for more details|
|Custom Jewelry||Following completion of design and stone sourcing, production is a minimum of 8 weeks + shipping||No - contact us for more details|
- Click one of the tabs to the left for more information.
Our jewelry is shipped fully insured via FedEx, with a signature required upon delivery. Ground service is available for shipments valued under $500.
Shipments valued above $500 but under $10,000 are sent FedEx 2-day or overnight.
Any packages valued over $10,000 are sent overnight.
2-day or overnight service can be arranged for any of our items upon request.
You can contact us with any questions regarding our shipments.
- We recommend international customers contact us to place an order via Paypal. Many international card-issuing banks do not support our Address Verification System and the card could be declined as a result of an address mismatch.
- International orders are delivered duty unpaid, which means the purchaser is responsible for all import or customs duties, tariffs, or taxes.
- Due to customs processing times, we cannot guarantee an exact delivery date for international orders. Shipments are sent via insured FedEx International service. Contact us with any questions regarding international shipments.
- How do I know what metals a ring is offered in?
- To view the full list of metals and their corresponding prices, click on “Build Ring” on the right side of the page. If the band or ring is available in more than one width, you must first select the width you want from the “Width” drop-down menu. Next, a drop-down menu for “Size” will appear. Once you have selected your ring size, a drop-down menu for “Metal” will appear. Most rings are available in silver, palladium, 14kt yellow gold, 14kt Fairmined yellow gold, 14kt rose gold, 14kt white gold, 18kt yellow gold, 18kt Fairmined yellow gold, 18kt white gold, and platinum.
- How do I view the total price of a band or ring?
- Once you have made your selections in the width (if applicable), size, and metal drop-down menus as described above, the total price will be calculated at the bottom of the “Build Ring” box. Please note that prices are the same for all sizes 4.5 to 7.75 and for sizes 8 to 11. The finish (matte, satin, or polish) will not change the price of the band or ring. Engraving charges are listed separately, beneath the drop-down menu for finish. Please note that while the price reflects the options you have selected from the drop-down menus, the image of the ring will not.
- I need help deciding on the width of my ring. What is the difference between the height and width of a ring?
- Imagine placing your hand flat on a table. The height of a ring refers to the vertical thickness of a ring, while the width refers to the horizontal thickness of a ring. We strongly suggest using a ruler to accurately envision these measurements. Illustration below.
- What do the different engraving fonts look like?
- Please see images below for the font names and examples.
For engraving dates, we recommend periods ( . ) or hyphens ( - ) as slash marks ( / ) do not engrave well inside a ring (i.e. 5.1.17 or 05-01-17, not 5/1/17).
Not all engraving styles are offered on all rings. Contact us for more details.
- What do the different metal finishes look like? What can I expect in regards to the durability of my finish?
- Over time, the polish finish will dull to an almost satin finish as it picks up scratches through everyday wear. Rings can be re-polished to bring back the original luster. The subdued appearance of the matte finish does not last quite as long as a polish finish. Rings with matte finishes will mark relatively easily, and as the surface of the ring gets rubbed and smoothed out, the brushed look of the matte finish will become diminished. A matte finish can also be redone easily.
- The satin finish holds up the longest as the scratches from everyday wear usually add to the semi-polished look of rings with this finish. This finish can also be easily redone. We do not offer the satin finish for rings with gemstones as the stones could be damaged during the finish application.
- If you have questions about finish options, contact us.
- What options do I have for custom enamel colors?
- Please contact us for our full list of custom enamel colors and details on pricing.
- How do I clean my ring?
- It is best to have your jewelry professionally cleaned by Bario Neal or another jeweler. For a simple cleaning at home, we recommend mixing dish soap in warm water, soaking your ring or other jewelry for five minutes, and using a soft-bristled baby toothbrush to gently clean behind stones or settings. Air dry, then finish with a polishing cloth. We do not recommend chemical jewelry cleaners because they can damage certain stones.
- Why is the matte or polished finish on my ring fading?
- No surface finish is permanent. Daily wear leads to small scratches on the surface of a polished ring. The accumulation of this wear will eventually make a polished ring look less polished and more matte. Similarly, wearing a matte ring will eventually make the finish look more polished and less matte. Over time, all finishes tend toward the middle and will eventually look more like a satin finish. See our FAQ on choosing a finish above for more information.
- If you would like to refresh the finish of your Bario Neal ring, contact us.
- Should I have my gemstone settings checked?
- All gemstone rings, especially those with prong settings, should be checked for security annually and worn with relative care. We use our hands constantly, and bumps to the stone or metal can cause shifts and looseness. Rough diamonds are not designed for jewelry in the way cut diamonds are. For that reason, rough diamonds should be worn with extra care and checked frequently to be sure the prongs are tight and the stone is secure.
- Contact us to set up a complimentary check up on your setting and stones. For a checkup with thorough cleaning, please contact us for prices.
- What do I do if I lose a small stone from my ring?
- Pave and channel set melee gemstones will occasionally fall out, especially on bands with diamonds all the way around. Within 3 months of purchase, Bario Neal will replace melee gemstones at no charge. After 3 months, we will replace melee diamonds and gemstones with a repair fee.
- Do gemstones require special care?
- Gemstones are minerals that vary in their hardness and durability. Some of the most beautiful gems, like opal and jade, are on the softer side. These stones should be treated with care and protected from harsh cleaners or activities that could cause damage.
- Can my enamel ring be repaired?
- Glass enamel is more delicate than metal and can be damaged over time through impact with hard surfaces. Enamel rings can be repaired, and our standard fee for re-enameling is $65.
Bario Neal jewelry is made by hand in our Philadelphia studio. Each piece is unique and any variations are considered part of the beauty of the design. Buying hand-made means that you are supporting a craft and design community.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, most non-custom items may be exchanged or returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt. This includes rings with rough diamonds, colored gemstones, and cut diamonds that are under 0.25 carat. Please consult individual descriptions, as well our exceptions list below, to see the return policy for each piece.
Returns and exchanges of select rings will be charged a restocking fee equal to 15% of the cost of the ring. Engraved items will be charged a $50 engraving removal fee in addition to the restocking fee. Return shipments valued over $1,000 require an insured shipping label; we are happy to provide the label for $28.
The following items cannot be returned for a refund or exchange at any time:
- Custom and personalized Jewelry.
- One full size larger or smaller than what is offered on our site.
- For rings with cut diamonds 0.25 carat and above, the diamond is not returnable. We will work with you to exchange, adjust, or return the ring that the stone is set in.
Contact us for more information or to receive our return and resizing form.
Most rings can be resized, though we do suggest minimizing the number of times you need to resize your ring. Adjustments of more than 1.5 sizes can damage a ring, so every effort should be made to find the right size before you order.
Please see our Band Resizing page for bands from the collection that need to be adjusted within two sizes up or down from current size.
Please see our Engagement Rings or Bands with Stones Resizing page for rings that need to be resized within two sizes up or down from current size.
If you would prefer sizing beads rather than having your ring resized please see our Sizing Beads page. Please email us for bands that need to be sized up or down more than two sizes beyond current size. If you need more information on finding the proper fit with a local jeweler, or tips for finding your partner’s ring size, contact us.
Resizing the textured and woven rings listed below may cause inconsistencies in the pattern. Sizing up or down more than a half sizeis not recommended. Additional time to resize may be required, or we may suggest that the ring is remade. All of the listed items can be returned or exchanged, except for the Aparna Diamond ring due to the diamond size.
- Aldine Thin
- Fishtail Band
- Fishtail Band with Diamond
- Aparna Diamond Ring
- Pear Trillion Ring
The following bands require an additional Re-enameling fee of $65:
- Senna Thin Band
- Enamel Arc Band
The following bands require an additional charge of $20 If resize is more than 1 full size:
- Milla Square with Rims Band
- Weathered Bronze and Gold Band
The following bands are NOT able to be resized. Size beads ARE available in some cases for the following rings, and can be used to reduce the ring size only.
- Senna Narrow Band
- Senna Tall Band
- Eternity Band
- Narrow Eternity Band
- Baguette Diamond Band
- Channel Narrow Band
RESIZING SHIPPING GUIDELINES
- Ship via FedEx ONLY to: Bario Neal 700 S. 6th Street Philadelphia PA 19147 215-454-2164
- Please avoid making deliveries that will arrive at Bario Neal on a Saturday or Sunday. As you schedule your shipment, check with FedEx for delivery dates).
- Shipments valued over $500 must be sent 2-day or Overnight. Ground shipments will only be insured up to $500.
- If your shipment is valued at $1,000 or more, please call or email us before shipping. FedEx will not insure your package over $1000, so we will email you an insured FedEx label, pricing determined upon location.
- Bario-Neal is not responsible for returning your packaging; please do not enclose jewelry in boxes or other packaging that you want back.
- Please enclose a copy of your resizing receipt in the box.