Have you ever gotten your necklace tangled and had no idea how to proceed? Here at Bario Neal, even though we specialize in ethically sourced jewelry - tangles still happen to us, too. We carry a variety of different pendants and chains - like our unique Wheat Chain Necklace, our Anchor Chain Necklace, and our Shield Lapis Slice Pendant. Untangling a necklace can be a frustrating and time-consuming task, but with a few tips and tricks, you can untangle it like a pro. Here are some steps to follow:
Owner, Page Neal, has a special trick for untangling a cluster of necklaces - learn what it is in this video.
- Find a calm and quiet workspace: To avoid further complications and to stay focused, it's essential to find a quiet and calm workspace.
- Lay out the necklace: Carefully place the necklace on a flat surface and try to stretch it out as much as possible to get a good look at the knots.
- Identify the knot: Look for the knot in the necklace and try to figure out the twists and turns that caused it.
- Use lubrication: Apply a little lubrication like baby oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil to the knot. This will help loosen the tangled pieces and make them easier to untangle.
- Use a straight pin: Gently insert a straight pin into the knot and move it around to loosen the knot's tangles.
- Pull the strands apart: After loosening the knot, use your fingers to pull the necklace strands apart slowly. Avoid yanking the necklace too hard, as this can make the tangles worse.
- Use a fine-toothed comb: For more stubborn tangles, use a fine-toothed comb to gently comb through the necklace strands.
- If this doesn’t work for you, get some tape to tape down pieces of the chain so as to create some tension when you are pulling the knot apart. It helps a lot!
- Use a magnifying glass: If you are struggling to see the knot or detangle the necklace, use a magnifying glass to get a better view of the tangles.
- Be patient: Untangling a necklace can take time, and it's crucial to be patient and not get frustrated.
Following these steps can help you untangle a necklace like a pro, but it's also essential to take preventative measures to avoid tangling in the first place. Consider storing your necklaces separately, in your Bario Neal jewelry box, or hanging them on hooks to prevent them from getting tangled.Want to learn more fun tips and tricks about jewelry? Check out our blog, where we share tons of useful info about sustainable jewelry, how to clean your jewelry, how to choose an engagement ring for your partner, and so much more. Looking for a new necklace to *hopefully* not tangle? Check out our collection! At least you’ll know how to untangle it now. ;)